xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'

Saturday, September 15, 2012

You Fly With Two Wings





I recently heard someone say something like this: You fly with two wings - one is intention, the other is faith. I felt surprised that the second one wasn't "action" (I had been expecting it to be when he was saying this.) But I felt a flutter of excitement and a resonance in my spirit, and memorized the idea.

A couple days later, my frustration with a particular aspect of my life became unbearable and I declared to myself that something was going to move within the next two days - there just was going to be some movement, and that's all there was to it. I simply couldn't bear it anymore. But how was I to accomplish this when there was no "massive action" to take? There really didn't seem to be anything I could do.

The next day I became more brave and realized there was something I could open up myself to more than I had before - so, with fear and trembling, I did.

And something moved.

That's when I remembered the wise words spoken the week before: You fly with two wings - one is intention, the other is faith. My intention had become so strong that it was finally a wing with which to fly.

My faith had also become stronger - I knew that something had to happen, and believed that it would, even though I didn't know what nor how. When the invitation to greater bravery presented itself, I recognized it as my opportunity to flap that little wing of faith.

There was action on my part, yet it was a tiny action (though massive internally), and it was action that flowed naturally and fluidly from my intention and faith.

So, with these newly strong wings, I will fly.

I'm not sure where I'm going or what I will find, but at least I am flying. 


No comments:

Post a Comment